Some households fancy fresh cooked meals as rather than carrying over leftovers. If that's just how you work, then there's nothing much to be said. But for the Clueless foodie, here's what you can do with leftover rice!
Shredded cabbage (recommended)
Chopped garlic (optional)
Finely chopped coriander
Juice of lime
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Leave the leftover-rice in the fridge, or if you are averse to that idea, store the rice in a dry state.
2. Next day morning, sprinkle this rice with water and microwave for a minute. If you don't have a microwave, no sweat!
3. In a pan (kadai), heat oil.
4. When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds. When the seeds start to splutter, add the ginger julienne and chopped garlic.
5. Now add the onions, and fry until they turn brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste and mix well.
6. Now add the capsicums and saute.
7. Add the cabbage and mix well. Sprinkle a little water and cover with lid for a minute.
8. Saute once more. Now add the soya sauce and the rest of the spices.
9. Add the rice and mix well.
10. Remove from fire, and add a dash of lemon.
11. Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve.