Chocolate Fudge Cake
I have tried this cake on two occasions. The first time was on my Mom's birthday and I managed to burn the cake crust. The second time was also on my Mom's birthday (couple of days ago), and it came out beautifully! The secret lies in the proportions. You must take care to use the exact proportion, especially if this your first time.
Maida 2 cups
Coco powder 1 1/2 cups
Sugar 2 cups
Baking powder 1 tsp
A pinch of salt
Melted butter 1/2 cup
Milk 1/2 cup
Curds 1/2 cup
For the icing
Coco powder 1/4 cup
Icing sugar 2 tbps
Cream 1 packet
To prepare the icing
1. Mix all the ingredients and beat well.
1. Sieve the maida.
2. In a bowl, mix maida, coco powder and sugar.
3. Stir in the milk and the curds.
4. Add the melted butter and mix once again. You can either use a whipper or blend everything in a mixie to form a smooth consistent batter without lumps.6. Add the essence.
7. Now add the baking soda and salt.Mix well.
8. Add raisins if you like.
9. Refrigerate it for 10min and allow the cake batter to set.
10. Meanwhile, preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 190c.
11. Grease the aluminium mould with butter and pour the batter evenly.
12. Bake at 190c for 25 minutes.
13. Allow the cake to cool.
14. Slice the cake into two halves.(To slice the cake smoothly, run the knife under hot water)
15. Now spread the icing over the two halves.
16. Place the halves, one on top of the other.
17. Cover the entire cake with the icing and refrigerate it.
18. Decorate with strawberries.