Tomato Gojju (Spicy side dish)

I reached home after a long day at work. My mom had just returned from her break, and until then I was pampering my stomach with whatever my malnourished fridge could provide. Life is back to normal and I love my mom. She had made hot Adai and tomato gojju to go with it.

Ingredients
Medium sized tomatoes (2)
Green chilles (2-3)
Tamarind (lime size)
Coriander
Urad dal
Bengal gram
Fenugreek
Mustard
Asafoetida chunks (small pieces)
Gingely oil/cooking oil (3-4tbsps)
Turmeric
Chilli powder
Salt

Method
1. Dice the tomatoes. Make it chunky.
2. Make a thick tamarind extract by boiling the tamarind.
3. Heat oil in a kadai and the add asafoetida pieces including the mustard seeds.
4. When it splutters, add the dals, fenugreek seeds, slit chillies and coriander leaves.
5. Saute.
6. Add the tomatoes and saute.
7. Then add the tamarind extract, turmeric, chilli powder and salt.
8. Allow the tomato gojju to boil until the raw smell of the tamarind goes.

The tomato gojju is cooked in a good quantity of oil can be used for 4-5 days.

Comments

Popular Posts