Ahhh, my favourite recipe from Karnataka - My aunt used to make Akki Roti every time I visited my grandparents. Mom and I made it at home and this time, I had another go at it to my big fat surprise at Princeton, New Jersey!
Rice flour (1 1/2 cup)
1. In a bowl, add all the ingredients except the rice flour and mustard seeds.
2. Splutter mustard seeds and pour over the ingredients.
3. Add the flour and mix well.
4. Add salt.
5. Knead well.
6. Take small portions of the dough and pat into thick circular discs. (If it is not thick enough, the dough will break).
7. Heat a flat bottomed pan and a add a teaspoon of oil.
8. Now place the patted dough on the pan and cook both sides.