Akki Roti

Ahhh, my favourite recipe from Karnataka - My aunt used to make Akki Roti every time I visited my grandparents. Mom and I made it at home and this time, I had another go at it to my big fat surprise at Princeton, New Jersey!

You need
Rice flour (1 1/2 cup)
Peas (optional)
Onions
Green chillies
Grated coconut
Cumin seeds
Chopped coriander
Curry leaves
Asafoetida
Mustard seeds
Cooking oil

Method
1. In a bowl, add all the ingredients except the rice flour and mustard seeds.
2. Splutter mustard seeds and pour over the ingredients.
3. Add the flour and mix well.
4. Add salt.
5. Knead well.
6. Take small portions of the dough and pat into thick circular discs. (If it is not thick enough, the dough will break).
7. Heat a flat bottomed pan and a add a teaspoon of oil.
8. Now place the patted dough on the pan and cook both sides.

Serve hot.

Comments

Popular Posts