For those of you who do not freak out on paneer, you may use bell peppers, onions and mushrooms as alternatives. Of course the non-veggies, you can make sheesh kebabs and other varieties. If you don't have an oven, roast the kebabs in a flat-bottomed pan. Add a teaspoon of ghee and roast well.
Hung curd (Yoghurt)
Turmeric (a pinch)
Salt to taster
Cashewnut paste or finely ground cashews
1. Heat water in a bowl and place the paneer cubes in it.
2. Cover with lid and allow the paneer to soften.
3. In another bowl, mix curd, chopped coriander and the spices.
4. Remove the paneer and squeeze the water out of them by pressing the paneer gently.
5. Now marinate them in the curd mixture for about 20 minutes.
6. Arrange the paneers on a skewer and sprinkle the ground cashew or apply the paste.
7. Bake them in the oven until the paneer turns a golden brown.