My mom's friend had called us over for tea last evening, but I was just a lazy sack of potatoes. It changed with the mere mention of Semia pakodas - Innovative, I thought. The preparation is similar to the way pakodas are usually made, except for an additional ingredient, semolina.
Onions (sliced lengthwise)
Green chillies finely diced
Coriander finely chopped)
Gram flour or Besan
Hot Oil 1 tbsp
Oil for frying
1. Boil the semolina in hot water and drain.
2. In a bowl, add the ingredients including the spices.
3. Now add the boiled semolina to this mixture.
4. Add a tablespoon of hot oil to this mixture and mix well.
5. Add just enough water to make a thick batter.
6. Heat oil in a wok.
7. Take small portions of the batter and drop it in the oil gently.
8. Fry until the pakodas turn a golden brown.
Serve with chilli sauce or green chutney.