Perogies are fattening and delicious, but once in a while, no harm done. I used to treat my friends back in Canada with my favourite snack. It is easy to make, and is not spicy, although if you prepare it, you can add the extra punch to it.
For the stuffing
1. In a bowl,sieve maida and knead well using oil and water as required.
2. Make a stuffing of mash potatoes, cheese, and spices.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Roll out the maida into small balls.
5. Pat them flat to make a small circle.
6. Place the stuffing in the middle and seal the edges by pressing it with a fork.
7. Deep freeze.
When you want to cook the perogies, add a little oil in a pan and fry both sides of the perogies until they turn a golden brown.
If you want to add a little spice to it, in the same wok, add turmeric and chili powder and mix well.
The perogies are ready to be served.