Thengai Payasam (Coconut Kheer)

This payasam or kheer is close to my heart and I love the way my mom prepares it. I love it chilled in the evening or on a weekend after a good hearty home made lunch.

Ingredients
Fresh grated coconut (2 cups)
Raw rice (1 tbsp)
Jaggery (medium chunk)
Elaichi powder (cardamom)
Raisins
Ghee
Milk

Method
1. Grind the grated coconut and raw rice together. Set aside.
2. Dissolve the jaggery in a little quantity of water and strain the juice.
3. Allow it to cook on low heat and add the ground ingredients into it.
4. Before it comes to a boil, remove from fire.
5. Add elaichi powder.
6. Fry the raisins in ghee and pour over the kheer. If the kheer is too sweet, you can dilute the taste by adding milk to it.

Comments

So Sew-y Me said…
Soums, was very useful... naan thenga payasam-nu search panna odaney it took me to ur profile :).. good stuff

Popular Posts