Sarson ka Saag

Back in my college days, I had met a group of friends for lunch at the Dhaba on Radhakrishna Salai rd. One of my friends ordered the sarson ka saag, which I was clueless about at that time. All that changed after I had a bite of this delicious green and ever since it has always been a favorite on my plate. We prepare it similar to preparing the palak dishes.

Ingredients
Finely chopped sarson (green mustard leaves) 2 cups
Finely chopped palak (spinach leaves) 1 cup
Finely chopped garlic 1 tsp
Finely chopped onion 1 cup
Ginger-garlic paste 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Ghee 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
A pinch of sugar
Fresh white butter or cream

Method
1. In a wok, add both greens and cook on a low flame with little water and garlic.
2. Allow it to cool and grind the leaves to a thick paste.
3. Heat the ghee and add the chopped onions. Saute until the onions turn golden.
4. Add the chilli ginger paste.
5. Add the red chilli powder.
6. Add the green leaves paste and allow it to simmer on a low flame for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Add salt to taste and a pinch of sugar.

Serve hot, garnished with fresh white butter and bread.

Comments

Popular Posts