Bittergourd Fry

After a really long long time, I was tempted to try the Bittergourd Fry that my friend, Madhu, had made for lunch. I have had some bitter experience in the past romancing this one, so I was not really up for it. Nevertheless, I took the plunge.

Ingredients
Bittergourd 2 pieces
Cooking oil 2 tbsps
Turmeric 1 tsp
Chili powder 2 tsps
Salt to taste

Method
1. Wash the bittergourd well.
2. Rub the skin with salt and let it remain for a while.
3. Now, squeeze the gourd to remove the excess water. This removes the bitterness from the vegetable.
4. De seed the gourd and dice it well.
5. In a frying pan, add oil, turmeric, chilli powder, and a pinch of salt to taste.
6. When the oil is hot, add the chopped gourd pieces and let it fry.
7. Drain and remove from the pan.

Comments

Popular Posts