Flattened Rice Dish (Chinese Twist)
This recipe is one of my personal favourites. It may not be authentic Chinese, but the ingredients used, incline towards the Asian way of cooking. At least, that is what I think. This is my own signature dish I came up with during my culinary experiments.
Flattened rice washed and soaked 2 cups
Dark soy 1 tbsp
Sesame oil 1tbsp
Ginger-garlic paste 1-2 tsps
Finely chopped onions
Finely chopped green chillies
Finely chopped green, red, and yellow bell peppers (you can use all three or any one)
Jeera 2 tsps
Tobasco sauce 1 tsp
Sweet chili sauce 1 tsp
Finely chopped coriander leaves
Juice of lime
A pinch of Hing (asafoetida)
Salt to taste
- Wash the rice well and allow it to soften.
- In a wok, heat sesame oil and splutter jeera seeds, hing, green chilles, ginger-garlic paste, and onions.
- Add dark soy and saute well.
- Add the rest of the sauces and whip well.
- Add the bell peppers and turn once. Allow them to cook.
- Add salt to taste.
- Remove from fire and toss the flattened rice with the mixture.
- Add the dash of lime for that tangy edge.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.