Pachidi with Overripe Mangoes
If you have over ripe mangoes at home that have become terribly squishy, avoid your brutal instinct to dump them, instead make this awesome recipe, which my aunt floored me with!
A small ball of tamarind
1. In a bowl, squeeze out the mango pulp and beat it until it is smooth.
2. In another bowl, boil the tamarind well and strain.
3. Dissolve the jaggery in water, strain, and set aside.
4. In a pan, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds including greeen chillies.
5. Add the mango pulp, tamarind water, jaggery, and salt.
6. Boil well until the raw smell of the tamarind is lost.
7. Serve hot.