I am on a twenty-hour hour liquid diet following my tooth extraction. Last night, we had a thick tomato soup for dinner. The morning cuppa was replaced by a cold glass of chocolate milk and lunch comprised a warm luxurious carrot-ridgegourd soup.
Finely chopped carrot 2 cups
Finely chopped ridge gourd 1 cup
White sauce (optional)
Coriander leaves 2 sprigs
1. Wash and peel the carrot and ridge gourd.
2. Chop both vegetables and pressure cook them.
3. Transfer the vegetables to a blender and make a smooth paste.
4. Add water to dilute it.
5. Transfer to a container and allow it to boil well.
6. Add the white sauce and mix once.
7. Remove from fire and add salt and pepper.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and a dash of white sauce.