Chick Pea Snack
The chick pea snack or sundal (in tamizh) is a healthy snack that I used to prepare quite often during my student days for my room mate. She loved it. We used to snack on it the middle of the night watching late night movies. So here's the recipe for the good times.
Chick pea 1.5 cups
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Urad dal 1 tsp
Red chillies 2-3
Finely chopped coriander
Chilli powder (optional)
Raw mango (optional)
Juice of lime
1. Soak the chick pea overnight.
2. Next day, pressure cook it.
3. In a wok, heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, hing, chillies, and turmeric.
4. Add the chick pea and turn well.
5. Add the chilli powder if you want it spicy and salt to taste.
6. Toss once and remove from the stove.
7. Add the juice of lime or the raw mango bites to give it the tanginess.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.