The first time I made this tastilicious bread, I burnt it a bit and made it salty only beacuse I was a little careless and got carried away by the aroma of the baked bread spreading throughout the house. The second time around, I nailed it! It was just perfect.
Maida or all purpose flour 2 cups
Yeast 2 tsps
Milk 1/4 cup
Mixed herbs or herbs of your choice 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
For the Topping
Sun dried tomatoes
Mozzrella or Parmesan cheese
1. In a small bowl, warm the milk and dissolve the yeast. Set aside for a few minutes for the yeast to get active.
2. In another bowl, add the flour, salt, mixed herbs, yeast mixture, olive oil and knead well.
3. Cover the dough with a damp cloth for about 30 minutes so that the dough doubles up in size.
4. Preheat the oven for 10mins at 180c.
5. Take the dough and using a roller pin, roll out the dough on a flat surface.
6. Grease the baking tray with olive oil and also drizzle the dough with the oil as well.
7. Add the toppings and bake for 10-15mins until the base is a lovely golden and the bread is well cooked.
Serve hot with soups or hot dips.