Fruit Cobbler Dessert
Wow, this was such an amazing recipe that I chanced upon when I was looking for easy desserts. The original recipe by Paula Deen was made with peaches. Since I dint have peaches at home, I substituted with apples and bananas and gave the recipe my own little twist. The aroma of melted butter baking with the fruits wafted throughout the house and the first bite, when the fruit cobbler came out of the oven, was heavenly. I followed the method in part, suggested by Paula, but followed my instincts for the proportions used.
Maida or plain flour 200gms
Butter 1 cup or slab
Sugar 2 tbsps
Grated almond 1 cup
1. Make a smooth batter by whisking the maida, milk, honey, and sugar.
2. Preheat the oven to 180c for 5 mins.
3. In a baking pan, add the slab of butter and bake it for a few minutes until it melts.
4. Take the pan out and pour the first layer of the batter over the butter. Do not mix the two.
5. Add the first layer of fruits and grated almond.
6. Pour the remaining batter over the fruits and add the rest of the fruits.
7. Bake the cobbler for 20-25mins at 180c until the batter raises and bakes to a golden brown colour.
Serve warm with ice-cream.