Tomato and Feta Cheese Tart
Finally, after much procrastination, I managed to make tarts and they came out perfect. I have always wanted to make tarts, but was not confident about getting it right. Only after I watched Maggie Beer on Masterchef Australia, did I get my courage to enter the kitchen and bake some heavenly tarts.
Diced tomato 1 cup
Feta cheese 1 cup
Herbs of your choice
Salt to taste
Maida or all purpose flour 100gms
Unsalted butter 50 gms
1. In a bowl, sieve the maida and add the butter. Fold them well until they resemble a crumble.
2. Add a tablespoon of water to roll into a dough. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
3. Push the dough to the centre and use a rolling pin to flatten it. Make sure you roll it to a medium consistency.
4. Place the dough in a tart shell and pat the dough well so that it takes the tart's shape. You can cut the excess dough with a pair of scissors.
5. Refrigerate it for a few minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 200c.
6. In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, cheese, herbs, olive oil and salt. Toss well.
7. Remove the tart shell, prick the bottom with a fork, and bake it for 5 minutes at 200c. (Place a baking sheet on top of the tart and fill it with grains, so that the dough does not raise while it is cooking)
8. Remove the tarts and add the filing. Bake for another 10 minutes at 200c.