Vazhai Thandu Moru Kootu (Banana Stem Curry in Thick Butter Milk Gravy)
I fell in love this dish when my friend brought it for lunch. I hounded her for the recipe and voila, here you have it.
Diced banana stem 1 cup
Sour butter milk 1 cup
Asafoetida 1 tsp
Cumin 2 tsps
Green chillies 2 pcs
Fresh Coconut 1 cup
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Channa dal 1 tsp
Finely chopped coriander
Fresh hung curd 1 cup
Salt to taste
Cooking oil 1 tsp
1. Soak the chopped banana stem in buttermilk for 10 minutes.
2. Add salt and boil it until the buttermilk completely absorbs the buttermilk.
3. Grind a coarse paste of coconut, cumin, and chillies.
4. Mix this paste with the banana stem.
5. Add the hung curd and mix well.
6. Splutter mustard seeds, channa dal, green chilli, curry leaves, and asafoetida.
Pour over the gravy.