Tomato Lentil Soup
Diced tomatoes 1 cup
Green gram or tuvar dal ½ cup
Crushed pepper corns
Juice of lime
Salt to taste
1. Pressure cook the lentils and set aside.
2. In a heavy bottomed vessel, boil water and add the tomatoes, coriander, crushed pepper, including the green chillies.
3. Add the cooked lentils to this soup and mix well.
4. Add salt to taste.
5. In a small vessel, heat ghee and splutter mustard seeds, cumin, asafoetida, and crushed pepper.
6. Pour it into the soup.
7. Remove the soup from the stove and squeeze the juice of lime for that tangy spell.
8. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.