Pooris with Spicy Potato Gravy
I had completed my Guru Parayanam sometime back before my move to Philly. On the last day of the parayanam, it is tradition to give away home cooked food to the poor. My mom suggested I made pooris and potato curry. We were making this delectable fried treat after a long time. The pooris and the gravy turned out perfect!Ingredients
Wheat 2 cups
Boiled potatoes 2 cups
Chopped coriander 1 cup
Hing or asafoetida
Juice of Lime
1. In a pan, mix the wheat, salt, oil, and water to make a moist dough.
2. Wrap it in a muslin cloth or let it sit in the fridge for 10 mins.
3. Make small balls of the dough and roll out thin circular portions.
4. Heat the oil and check if the oil is hot enough by slipping in a small bite of the dough. If it fries and comes up on top, the oil is ready for frying.
5. Fry each of the thin circular dough one by one. Drain the oil and set aside.
6. In a wok, heat a little oil and splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves, and hing.
7. Add the spices and let is roast.
8. Add the boiled potatoes and sauté well.
9. Remove from fire and garnish with juice of lime and chopped coriander.