Subha taught me this awesome recipe for a mouth watering dal makhani. It requires a little bit of work, but worth every bit of trouble.
Black urad dhal 2 cups
Rajma 1 cup
Chopped green chillies
Salt to taste
Ghee 2 tbsps
1. Soak the urad dal and rajma in water for a good couple of hours and pressure cook.
2. Cook the dal on low flame till we fry and cook the spices.
3. Make tomato puree from fresh tomatoes and set aside.
4. In a wok, heat oil and splutter cumin, green chillies, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, and cardamom. Let them fry well.
5. Pour the tomato puree and let it cook with the spices. Let it simmer for 20 mins.
6. Pour this tomato puree mix into the dal.
7. Add chilli power, garam masala, turmeric, salt and add ghee. Stir well.
8. Let it simmer for a while. Garnish with kasuri methi.Serve hot with rice or bread.