Raddish (Mulangi) Sambhar
Dry red chillies
1. Pressure cook the dal and raddish.
2. Soak the tamarind in hot water, remove the pulp, and strain the tamarind water.
3. In a vessel, boil the tamarind juice along with the sambhar powder, until the raw smell evaporates.
4. Mash the dal and dilute it in water.
5. Add the mashed dal and raddish to the tamarind water.
6. Add a turmeric, asafoetida, chilli powder and salt.
7. Allow the sambhar to boil until it thickens.
8. In a wok, heat gingely oil and splutter dry red chillies, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, mustard seeds and pour over the sambhar.
Serve hot with rice or rotis.