Rajma-Carrot in Tomato-Onion Gravy
Sunday evening is always tough on dinner. I try to make something extra for my Monday morning lunch, so I dont have to rush through my lunch packing and gobble breakfast. I decided to make rajma and carrot in a tomato-onion gravy tempered with basic spices.
Can of Rajma
Chopped onions or onion paste
Dry red chillies
Hung curd, a dollop
Pinch of turmeric
Salt to taste
Juice of lime
1. Wash the precooked rajma thoroughly and drain.
2. In a wok, heat oil and splutter cumin, ginger-garlic-onion paste along with dry red chillies and ginger julienne.
3. Let it cook well for a few minutes on low flame.
4. Add the tomatoes and saute for a few minutes.
5. Add the tomato puree and let it cook.
6. Add the rajma and add a little water to dilute the consistency if required.
7. Add the spices and let the curry cook until the spices cook.
8. Add hung curd and mix evenly till the curd melds with the spices.
9. Remove from the gas, and add lime once the gravy has reached a luke warm temperature.
Serve hot with a toss of cream on top