Spinach Curry

Before I lost the entire bag of spinach to a week long refrigeration, I decided to finally make a good green curry. Once I had boiled the spinach, I was lost. My lack of involvement killed it until Chalasani Sowmya rescued me with her version of the curry. I used it as a base and modified it to suit my taste buds.


Ingredients
Finely cut spinach 2 cups
Finely chopped onions 1 cup
Finely chopped tomato 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Dry red chillies 3 pcs
Chilli powder
Coriander powder
Salt
Mustard seeds
Oil

Method
1. Wash the spinach and chop it up.
2. In a pan boil water and cook the spinach.
3. In a wok, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds and add the red chillies.
4. Add the ginger-garlic paste, chopped onions and cook it till the raw smell evaporates.
5. Add the tomatoes and cook it.
6. Add the spices including the salt and cook them well.
7. Add the boiled spinach to the onion-tomato mix and allow it cook for a good ten minutes.

Serve hot with rotis or rice.

Comments

Popular Posts