Vegetable Stir-Fry (Spinach)
For a quick lunch, I decided to have some garlic flavored spinach sauteed with onions, tomatoes,and some lovely aromatic roasted peanuts. When you have it hot right out of the pan, the aroma and the taste are a killer.
Bunch of baby spinach
Ginger and Garlic julienne
Chopped green chillies
Cooking oil or Olive oil
1. In a wok, heat oil and splutter cumin, chillies, ginger and garlic.
2. Saute and then add the onions. Cook it till the onions turn a light pink.
3. Add the spices. Go easy on salt since the greens absorb it quickly.
4. Wash the spinach leaves and add it to the wok. Turn well till the spinach cooks.
5. Add the diced tomatoes and cook for a few minutes so that the tomaotes retain a crunch.
6. Garnish with roasted peanuts and serve hot with rice or bread.