Penne Pasta with Vegetables and Tomato Sauce
I had been promising my friend Devipriya, a delicious bowl of penne pasta for a long time now. By some miracle, I managed a ride to New Jersey and decided to treat her to a lovely lunch of pasta and salad.
Chopped Capsicums, carrots, onions, and tomato
Finely chopped garlic and ginger
Slit green chillies
Dry red chillies
Sesame/Olive oil for cooking
1. Boil the wheat pasta till it becomes soft. Make sure it is not too soft and is still a little crunchy.
2. Add a drop of oil to the boiling water.
3. Drain the pasta in a colander and run it under cold water. Allow it to drain.
4. Make a fresh puree of stewed tomatoes, onions, and garlic.
5. In a wok, heat oil and fry the ginger, garlic and green chillies.
6. Add hing, onions and saute until the onions are a lovely pink.
7. Add the vegetables and allow them to cook.
8. Add the puree and let it come to a boil.
9. Add the pasta and toss well in the gravy.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Add a dash of lime and serve hot.