Sprouted Moong Gravy
My mom makes lovely salads and curries using the sprouted moong, known for its rich fibre content. I have used it in salads both cooked and raw. Each combination is flavorful and gives the dish a different dimension.
Sprouted moong 2 cups
Chopped onions 1 cup
Chopped tomatoes 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Cooking oil 1 tsp
Dry red chillies 2 pcs
Hing 1 tsp
Mustard and cumin seeds 1 tsp each
Water 1 cup
Juice of lime
1. To sprout the moong, soak it for 8 hours and drain. Keep the sprouts in a colander and keep sprinkling water until it sprouts.
2. Heat oil and splutter red chillies, cumin-mustard seeds, curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste and hing.
3. Add the onions and cook until it turns a lovely pink.
4. Now add the tomatoes and saute.
5. Add turmeric, chilli power and salt.
6. Add the moong and a cup of water.
7. Allow the gravy to cook until the moong softens.
8. Garnish with juice of lime and chopped coriander.