Beetroot Yoghurt Dip (Beetroot Raita)

I was convinced that I could never come to terms with the whole notion of making a yogurt dip using grated beetroot, given the sheer sweetness and reddish color of the vegetable. My friend proved me wrong and in fact turned me into a life long slave to this fabulously tasty and healthy dip that I made this evening.

Ingredients
Grated beetroot 1 cup
Cold hung curd 3 tbsps
Cooking oil 2 tsps
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Asafoetida 1 tsp
Green chillies 1-2 pcs
Salt to taste

Method
1. In a wok, heat cooking oil and splutter mustard seeds.
2. Add the grated beetroot and saute well until the vegetable loses its raw smell.
3. Transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool.
4. Add hing, salt and green chilies and saute.
5. Add cold hung curd and mix well.
6. Serve cold.

Comments

Popular Posts