Carrot-Beans Dry Curry
I made a lovely carrot-beans curry last evening for dinner as well as the next day's lunch. I was on a cooking spree and decided to make this curry along with beetroot raita and colacasia roast. It a was huge hit with the lunch group with whom I dine everyday.
Cubed beans 1 cup
Cubed carrots 1 1/2 cup
Peas 1/4 cup
Fresh grated coconut 1-2 tbsps
Mustard seeds 1-2 tsps
Hing/Asafoetida 1 tsp
Gingely oil 1 tbsp
Turmeric 1 1/2 tsps
Chilli powder 2 tsps
Garam masala 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Peel the carrot, cut it lengthwise and chop it into even medium size pieces.
2. Remove the lining of the bean and chop it into even medium size pieces.
3. Soak the chopped vegetables along with fresh shelled peas in cold water.
4. In a wok, heat gingely oil and splutter mustard seeds, hing and curry leaves.
5. Drain the water from the vegetables and add it to the wok.
6. Add turmeric, chilli powder, and garam masala. Saute well.
7. Sprinkle water and cover with lid for 10 minutes.
8. Add salt and saute again.
9. Add the fresh grated coconut and toss well.
10. Cover with lid and let the curry cook for another 15 minutes.
Serve hot with rice and dal.