A beautiful accompaniment to pulavs, rotis and upmas, call it a yogurt dip if you will, but the onion raita is only a delicious 10 minutes away !
Finely chopped onions 1 cup
Thick plain yogurt 2 cups
Finally chopped coriander 1/4 cup
Curry leaves, a few sprigs
Urad dal 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 2 tsp
Cumin seeds/Jeera 1 tsp
Chopped green chillies
Salt to taste
1. In a wok, heat cooking oil and splutter mustard seeds, cumin, urad dal, asafoetida, curry leaves, green chillies for a few minutes.
2. Add the onions and saute until they turn translucent.
3. In a bowl, add the yogurt and transfer the onion mix into the yogurt.
4. Turn well and add salt to taste.
5. Garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve cold as an accompaniment with rice, bread or snacks.