Roasted Baby Corn with Mint Chutney Dip


I know its been over three months since I last posted a recipe. Work, travel and a laptop crash was a lethal combination. Mom is travelling, so I have been cooking away - basically a visit to the basics again and I am doing extremely well. I say this because my art teacher and my friend love my simple classics. Once in a while, I try a different salad also. I love these tender baby corn that you get in Pazhamudir Cholai vegetable store. You can make some lovely roast and a spicy coriander-mint chutney as a dip.


Ingredients
Chopped baby corn 1 pack
Crushed black pepper 2 tsp
Roasted crushed jeera 2 tsp
Asafoetida (Hing) 1 tsp
Juice of lime 1 tbsp
Olive oil 2 tsp
Salt to taste

Method
1. In a wok, heat olive oil.
2. Add the corn and saute.
3. Add the spices and toss well.
4. Allow the corn to roast on low flame for 5-10 minutes.
5. Take off from the stove and add juice of lime. Mix well.

Serve warm or cold with a spicy coriander-mint chutney.

Comments

Popular Posts