Warm Tomato Basil Soup
I decided to make a warm tomato basil soup, which was flavourful and mild for our Sunday dinner. I also made a colourful beetroot-carrot salad served with a cucumber-onion bruschetta. I used dried basil that you get in the supermarket and I love its aroma. Some people may prefer fresh basil and may want to moderate the taste. So play with it.
Chopped ripe tomatoes 3 pcs
Chopped pink onions 1 cup
Ground pepper 1 tsp
Dry basil 2-3 tsp
Olive oil 1 tbsp
Grated parmesan/cheddar 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. In a wok, warm oil oil.
2. Add the onions and sauté until they turn translucent.
3. Add the chopped ripe tomatoes.
4. Add the spices and sauté until the spices and veggies absorb each other.
5. Remove the wok from the stove and let it cool.
6. Run the tomato-basil mix in a blender until smooth.
7. Add water if the soup is too thick.
8. Pour it back in the wok and warm it.
9. Garnish grated cheese and serve with a lovely bruschetta.