Spicy Baby Potato-Cauliflower curry with crunchy Green Tomatoes

I was craving for the potato-cauliflower dry curry and decided to go veggie shopping. I chanced upon green tomatoes and picked them up, thinking I could use it in salads. I had never tasted one and decided to use it in my menu. Instead of a salad, I used it as an addition to my curry for texture and crunch. You can also make dips, fritters, pies and jams using them.


Ingredients
Chopped green tomatoes, 1cup
Cauliflower florets 2 cups
Baby potatoes 1 cup
Spring onions 1/2 cup
Cooking oil/Olive oil 1-2 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Asafoetida 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 2-3 tsps
Salt to taste
Coriander, chopped 1-2 tbsps
Juice of lime 1-2 tsp

Method
1. In a bowl of warm water, soak the florets to let the dirt out.
2. Boil the potatoes and set aside.
3. Wash the florets and boil it in warm water to which a dash of turmeric has been added.
4. In a wok, heat oil and splutter cumin, asafoetida, coriander powder, turmeric and the spring onions. Let it roast for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the vegetables and toss.
6. Add salt to taste.
7. Remove from the burner and garnish with juice of lime and coriander.

Serve warm with Indian bread or rotis.

Comments

Popular Posts