Green Tomato Fritters
For months now, I had been planning to make these green tomato fritters. Traditionally, we use onions, potatoes, snake gourd and egg plant. I finally gave in to my fantasy (since I as determined to avoid deep fried food as much as possible) and purchased these beautiful stiff, crisp green tomatoes.
Green tomatoes 2-3 pcs
Besan 3 tbsp
Rice flour 1 1/2 tbsp
Chilli powder 1tbsp
Cinnamon powder a pinch
Garam masala 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida a pinch
Salt to taste
Cooking oil for frying
1. Cut the tomatoes into circular discs.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together.
3. In a wok, heat cooking oil and when it is hot, add a tablespoon to the dry ingredients.
4. Add water to the batter as you mix it. Ensure it is a thick consistency.
5. Dip the green tomato disc in the batter and deep fry.
Serve hot with a spicy green chilli sauce or tomato-chilli ketchup.