Minestrone Soup

It feels so good to be back in the kitchen for my weekend adventures. I had been unwell and busy at work, not  a winning combination if you want to get creative and stay healthy. Finally, my recovery was doing me wonders and I decided to get back to the health track with my favourite warm Minestrone Soup and Cous Cous Salad. My friend was coming over and that gave me the added impetus I just needed.

Ingredients
Medium sized tomatoes 3
Large Red onion 1
Medium size potato 1
Carrots 2
Fresh peas 1/2 cup
Cauliflower 1/2 cup
Beans 1/2 cup
Penne pasta 1/2 cup
Butter 1 tbsp
Garlic few cloves
Shredded ginger
Olive oil
Pepper
Salt

Method
1. Boil the tomatoes until the skin peels off. Cool, blend and set aside.
2. Boil the pasta adding a dash of oil and salt for 7 minutes or as required. Drain and run it under cool water. Set aside.
3. In a wok, add olive oil and splutter garlic cloves and shredded ginger.
4. Add the onions and let them caramelise.
5. Add the rest of the vegetables and saute.
6. Add butter, salt, and pepper.
7. Pour the tomato puree and allow the soup to cook with the vegetables.
8. Add the pasta and cook for a few minutes more.

Remove from fire and serve hot with warm garlic bread.

Comments

Popular Posts