MOONG DAL IDLI WITH ORANGE PEEL DIP

I had the best Pesarattu at ID by SPI, which was served with a filling of Rava Upma and the best Ginger chutney as a dip. It was extremely heavy, but extremely tasty too! Years later, my friend mentioned that he had this Andhra specialty, pesarattu for dinner and that triggered my desire to make a batch at home.

SO THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED 

I soaked the moong or green gram overnight along with cumin, ginger, asafoetida and a pinch of salt. Morning came and it was ready to be transformed. 

Once the batter was made to the right consistency, I let it sit for a few hours.

 In the evening, I checked the taste and adjusted the salt. The first day, it was my beloved Pesarattu that made its award winning opening for the night. Next day, it transformed into soft idlis.

 For both versions, I paired it with #gunpowder, orange-peel vatha kozhambu, and mint chutney—-Talk about making dinner healthier, tastier, with a variety of sides!  




Comments

Popular Posts