Never Too Far Away From Recipes


I took a hiatus from blogging when I became more conversant with Insta posts. My insta handle has undergone a variety of revisions and now goes by @soulgoodfoodie

I am sure you will enjoy browsing through some new recipes that I have been posting on my page, albeit this means extra effort browsing through the stream of posts to find out what you like. 

Here is a sneak peak: 

  • Guacamole
  • The Turkey Berry (Sundakkai) Vathai Kuzhambu
  • Cheddar Cheese Sandwich, deconstructed dal dhokli
  • Carrot Beetroot Soup 
  • Raw Pappaya-Cabbage Curry 
  • Raw Pappaya Salad
  • Stuffed Zucchini
  • Dal Dhokli from Gujarat
  • Coolers
I am also reading this fantastic anthology of edited by Claire Chambers, which features stories and recipes of Muslim South-Asia. I used to think that food is a great leveller, but I overlooked the caste divide that discriminates the rich from the poor and the food they can eat. While cooking with leftovers is celebrated in the culinary world, when you examine this concept closely, it reminds you that the poor feed on left-overs that is thrown in the trash or given away by the lady of the house. The book is an eye-opener and I recommend it to not just food historians or writers, but to anyone who wants to get a different perspective on food and our interactions with the environment around us.
  

Comments

Popular Posts