Oats-Jaggery Cookies

 I was caught up in the December Christmas spirit. Now that we are spending more time indoors, quite a lot of folks exploring new horizons. My friend wanted homemade gifts for Christmas. It was an opportunity for me to try baking cookies, something I have never attempted before.

I came across the recipe for eggless oats-jaggery 🍪 which looked quite easy. Like any other amateur baker, I was nervous as my first batch was baking quietly, giving out a heavenly aroma, indicating I was going to get a great batch.

Recipe source: https://www.cookwithmanali.com/oats-jaggery-cookies/

DRY INGREDIENTS

Rolled Oats 100 gms

Whole wheat 130 gms

Ciannamon 3/4 tsp

Baking powder 3/4 tsp

Cardamom 3/4 tsp

Palm Sugar 96 gms

WET INGREDIENTS 

Ghee 113 gms

Boiled milk 45 ml

TIPS

A. Sieve the dry ingredients for a uniform texture.

B. Prepare the dry and wet ingredients separately, prior to mixing.

C. Use the cut and fold method, and avoid over mixing for a fluffy texture.

D. Convert fahrenheit to celsius by dividing f/2. If you cranked up the temperature, cut down baking time. 

METHOD

1. Preheat the oven at 180-200c for 10 minutes.
2. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
3. Make a loose, sticky dough.
4. Roll into balls and press them with your palm to make cookie shapes.
5. Place them on the baking sheet.
6. Bake for 18 minutes at 200c.
7. Check with a toothpick to see if the batter has cooked.
8. Cool off on a wire rack. 

Gather and feast.

Comments

Popular Posts