Red Rice with Vegetables
Red rice is excellent for health and can be used as a substitute for white rice. Since this dish is cooked along with the vegetables, it does not really require a side dish. You may use the vegetables of your choice.
Chopped bell pepper
Chopped green chillies
Bay leaf (optional)
Oil for frying
Water for cooking
1. Wash the red rice and drain.
2. In a wok, heat oil and fry the spices. Don't add salt now.
3. Add the vegetables and mix well.
4. Now add the rice to the veggies and fry well.
5. Add the required quantity of water and cover with lid.
6. When the water starts to boil, add the salt.
7. Cover with lid and cook.
Serve hot with raita.