Orange Peel Spread
This recipe can be used as a spread for breads. Citrus is excellent for health. This recipe is interesting too because it has a little bit of everything: sweet, sour and bitter.
Orange peel (Bright orange ons, almost red in colour)
Dry red chillies
1. Peel the oranges and fry them light. Set aside.
2. In another wok, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds.
3. Add urad dal and red chillies. Roast them well.
4. Now add a small quantity of tamarind, salt and jaggery.
5. Grind the mixture along with the fried orange peel.