Crumbled Feta Sandwich

We are having guests over for lunch today, so my mom was occupied with the menu and I naturally took over the breakfast. I usually have a plate of fruits and a glass of juice. This time, I decided to try something different, given that the wheat bread has been sitting in the fridge for a while. Since my mom had already cut the vegetables for the luncheon, I just borrowed a spoon of each and made myself a tangy delicious feta sandwich.

Ingredients
Crumbled feta 1tbsp
Roasted and diced cottage cheese (paneer) 1 tbsp
Bell peppers 1 tbsp
Diced tomato 1 tbsp
Shallots 1 tbsp
Hing or asafoetida 1 tsp
Salt and pepper to taste
Juice of lime 1 tsp
Wheat bread slices

Method
1. In a bowl mix the vegetables, crumbled feta, and paneer.
2. Add hing, salt, and pepper to taste.
3. Add the juice of lime and toss the mix well.
4. Toast the bread until it is a lovely brown.
5. Top the bread with the mix and serve.

You can either serve the sandwich open or bake it. Adding coriander leaves enhances the flavor, but it is optional though the ingredient is a household favourite.

Also, remember that feta cheese is salty, so go easy on the extra salt.

Comments

Deepak said…
Should try it out..:))
AquaM said…
Yes Yes U must and tell me all about it!
Cooking Foodie said…
I have some feta i need to use up... this looks divine...
AquaM said…
Thanks Cooking Foodie. Loved your blog. C u more often.
:)

Popular Posts