A take-off from the Banoffee pie, which combines bananas topped over caramel, I replaced it with sliced apples garnished with praline and dried cranberries. Following my disastrous dessert cooking contest debut, I decided to try another dessert using the remaining condensed milk. While browsing for recipes, I fell in love with the banoffee pie. However, given the richness of this dessert, I did away with the cream topping, which was part of the original dish.
Medium sized tart shell
12 digestive biscuits
1 cup butter
1.5 cups condensed milk
Castor sugar 1 tbsp
Sliced apples 20 pcs
Roasted unsalted cashews
Dried cranberries (optional)
1. Crumble the digestive biscuits in a blender.
2. Melt 1/4 cup butter and pour over the digestive biscuits.
3. Mix the crumbled biscuits and butter well and make a nice base over the tart shell.
4. Set it in the freezer for an hour or two until the tart shell crust sits well.
5. Over medium heat, melt the butter and sugar. Once the sugar has completely melted, pour the condensed milk and stir well until the condensed milk caramelises.
6. Spread the toffee over the biscuit base and let it set for 15 minutes.
7. Arrange the apple slices over the caramel and refrigerate for a few hours.
8. In a wok, caramelise the sugar and when it turns a golden brown, add the cashews and coat it well immediately.
9. Allow it to cool and run it through a blender. Your praline is ready.
10. Garnish the Appleoffee pie with praline and dried cranberries.