Lemon Sevai (Lemon Rice Noodles)
I had run out of vegetables and fruits over the weekend and did not have the time to refill my refrigerator. To make matters worse, I woke up late for work. The easiest lunch I could come up with is the lemon sevai or lemon rice noodles. It is usually made for breakfast or as an evening tiffin in south Indian households.
Rice noodles 1 pack
Juice of lime
Salt to taste
1. Boil the water and soak the rice noodles for a couple of times and cover with a lid.
2. After it is completely cooked, drain and set aside.
3. In a wok, heat the cooking oil and splutter mustard seeds, channa dal, urad dal, peanuts, green and red chillies, ginger julienne, hing and turmeric.
4. Add the rice noodles and saute well, so that the noodles meshes well with the spices.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Remove from the stove and garnish with juice of lime and chopped coriander.
Serve hot with yogurt.
Similarly, you can also mix the cooked rice noodles with thick yogurt and serve it as an variation of curd rice.