Ridge Gourd-Carrot Soup
Sounds weird or does it sound interesting? Mom and I decided to make a soup out of ridge gourd. I mean, c'mon you can make a soup out of anything right, so why not ridge gourd?
Chopped ridge gourd 2 cups
Chopped carrot 1/2 cup
Chopped red onion 1/2 cup
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tsp
White sauce 1/2 cup
Chopped spring onions
1. In a wok, saute onions in olive oil. Add the vegetables and the ginger-garlic paste.
2. Add enough water and cover with a lid to allow the mixture to cook until the vegetables become tender.
3. Blend this to a smooth consistency.
4. Transfer the soup mix to a wok and cook it on low fire.
5. Add white sauce for thickening the soup and cook for a couple of minutes.
6. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
7. Garnish with coriander and spring onions.
Serve hot with croutons or bread sticks, .